What is Panopto?
- A secure video platform integrated into Canvas and courses
- A tool to create, edit, share, and manage your video content (a better alternative to YouTube)
- A way to create interactive videos with embedded quizzes
- An automatic, multi-language captioning tool
- An automatic way to share your Zoom videos with your students
Three minute overview
Canvas How To Guide (instructional continuity module)
You can use the integration to store and share all your Zoom videos with your students. For your convenience, Panopto has been integrated with our district's instance of Canvas LMS to help optimize your workflow.
If you schedule your Zoom meeting through Canvas, it will be automatically uploaded to Panopto. If you schedule your Zoom meeting outside of Canvas, you can designate a Zoom meeting ID to automatically hold all recordings made using that ID.
Instructions for designating a meeting ID (You do not need to do this if you are scheduling your videos from within Canvas).
When you create or upload videos to Panopto, its captioning engine will automatically caption your videos to make them accessible.
Suggested browsers: Chrome or Firefox. More tips coming soon.
Not ready yet?
Contact your campus Instructional Technologists for guidance on using Panopto in your courses.
Help and support
Contact your campus Instructional Technologists to learn more about using Panopto in your Canvas courses.